Akakura Onsen is one of the oldest and most famous ski resorts in Japan. This village on the slopes of Mount Myoko is drawing a tremendous amount of interest with overseas skiiers and snowboarders in recent years. Located on the Nagano/Niigata border, its beautiful hot springs, massive snow falls, spectacular scenery, wonderful food, and ease of access to Tokyo make this a popular 4-season resort.
This is a rare opportunity to own a 24-guestroom hotel/hot spring business within close walking distance of the ski lifts. Only 200 meters to Akakura Onsen and Akakura Kanko ski resorts. It`s even less to the shops and restaurants of main street Akakura Village, yet it`s set back just enough that you`re away from the hustle and bustle. The hotel enjoys outstanding views of Mount Myoko.
Address – 妙高市大字赤倉字郷田切５８５番２３
Land – 5106 sq. meters
1st – 455.76sq.m
2nd – 388.10sq.m
3rd – 385.07sq.m
4th – 385.07sq.m
Storage Shed – 27sq.m
The main hotel building is a concrete and steel structure built in 1993 and is in excellent condition. There are 24 ensuite guest rooms, indoor and outdoor male and female hot springs with Akakura onsen water (hot spring rights included). The basement and lobby have central heating, while guest rooms have their own separate air conditioner/heater units. The hotel is located on a 5,000m2 plot with possibility to subdivide a portion of the land.
- Building in excellent shape
- 22 guest rooms split on the 2nd & 3rd floors (2 family-sized rooms & 20 twin/double rooms although 16 of the twin/double rooms have connecting doors with the option of becoming suites)
- Plenty of staff quarters
- The main floor has a very large dining area, lounge area, & café/ bar. As well as front desk reception, and a small souvenir shop.
- Fully functioning kitchen
- Male and female indoor and outdoor onsens
- Basement has a ski equipment drying room, ample storage and potential to build additional staff quarters
- Comes Fully furnished with custom made teak furniture from Java, 32inch tvs, internet, apple tvs, etc.